Mechanical Properties of Ti-6Al-4V
- Hardness of stock is typically 300 BHN. The strength and hardness of the mill-annealed product may be increased by approximately 20% after an aging heat treatment.
- After aging at 975-1025˚F (524-552˚C), Ti 6al-4v Grade 5 Titanium bar typical yield strength is 150,000 psi and typical hardness is 360 BHN.
- Machinability Rating: 22% of B-1112
- Typical stock removal rate: 30 surface feet/minute
Titanium plate manufacturing process
Hot forging : A forging process that takes place above the recrystallization temperature of a metal.
Hot rolled : A process of rolling at temperatures higher than recrystallization.
Cold rolled : A rolling process in which the plastic deformation temperature is lower than the recovery temperature.
Annealing : A metal heat treatment process in which the metal is slowly heated to a certain temperature, held for sufficient time, and then cooled (usually slowly, sometimes controlled) at an appropriate rate.
Pickling : immersing the product in an aqueous solution such as sulfuric acid to remove oxide and other films on the metal surface.It is the pretreatment or intermediate treatment of electroplating, enamel, rolling and other processes
Titanium plate features
- Titanium seed plate is the surface of the oxidation film equivalent to a good wear resistance hair separation agent, the use of titanium seed plate to save the separation agent, the plate is easy to peel, avoid the process of pre-treatment of the plate, titanium seed plate is half lighter than copper seed plate.
- The service life of titanium seed plate is more than 3 times that of copper seed plate, which can reach 10 to 20 years according to operating conditions
- The electrolytic copper prepared with titanium seed plate has compact crystal structure, smooth surface and excellent quality.
- Since the titanium seed plate does not need to be coated with separators, the contamination of copper electrolyte can be avoided.
- Increase the production capacity to reduce the production cost of electrolytic copper, so as to have better economic benefits.